How we can help you to lose weight
We can help you lose weight at the surgery and are able to offer a FREE weight loss programme, run by a qualified health trainer.
We can also offer subsidised gym membership to help you change your lifestyle. The programme consists of an initial assessment by the practice nurse and referral to the health trainer. We are running daytime and evening sessions to enable everyone to take part.
You are eligible for this FREE programme if:
- Your BMI is more than 30
- Your BMI is more than 28 and you have a coexisting medical problem such as diabetes, hypertension or heart disease.
The BMI – body mass index- is used to work out if you are overweight and is calculated using your height and weight.
If you already know your weight and height you can calculate your BMI here.
If you are not sure, simply pop into the surgery. We have a special weighing machine in the waiting area that enables you to measure your weight, height and BMI in one easy step.
To find out more
If you would like to find out more or register for weight loss programme, let us know if you would like to take part. This can be:
- via our online form
- Pop into the surgery and speak to the receptionist or mention it to the doctors or nurses at your next consultation
- Phone us on 020 8986 3106
- Text us with name and date of birth
- Fax us to 020 8985 1909
Try these interactive tools, tips and articles to discover more about a healthy diet and healthy weight. Find out what steps you can take to achieve your goals visit NHS Choices.
Eatwell and Nutrition - These sites offers advise on helathy eating, keeping food safe, food labels and different health issues.
- BDA Weightwise - This site offers practical solutions for losing weight
- Teenweightwise - This site offers advise on healthy eating for teenagers
- Diet during pregancy from Food Standards Agency website eatwell - advice on what foods to eat, what to avoid, advice on supplements.
- Change for LIfe
- Give Yourself a Fit Chance